Thursday, April 3, 2008

Seville, OH

Hoo boy. The last two days have been something special in that ever-so-unpleasant kind of way. I can't even remember all the things that went wrong, but among other issues, I had to "save" a load that was going to take me three hours to deliver and was due to be dropped in 2 1/2 hours; I got stuck in Chicago traffic due to a fire near the Interstate which, in turn, cost me about an hour; and I picked up a trailer with an electrical short so bad that it blew 30 amp fuses in the tractor and scorched a 20 amp fuse next to those directly affected.

Because of that electrical short, I'm here in Seville to allow them to repair it. Since this load was supposed to be delivered about an hour ago, it's going to have to be rescheduled, since I'm on a ten-hour break. I don't know when they're going to get it set up again, but I have a hunch it'll be at 4AM tomorrow since I missed the appointment at 4AM today. Failing that, I have no idea. I just hope that I'm not stuck here for a prolonged period of time.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a pretty bad short to do that much damage in the fusebox! I've never seen that happen before in any vehicle I've driven! Or home. Well, there was that one... though that was the result of a lightning strike overloading the breaker (hit the pole that held two 300amp breakers outside the house). Melted the thing! Surprisingly the second 300amp breaker survived, and we were still getting power from both, but every now and then half the house would lose power as the now very loose wire would move and lose contact.

    But wow. To completely fry so many fuses just because of a short in the trailer.

    ReplyDelete