Friday, April 25, 2008

Milesburg, PA

Another day, another dollar. Or something like that. I was pleasantly surprised to get in 600 miles today in 10 hours without stopping for anything other than fuel in Akron, OH. I'm only 87 miles from where I'm delivering so I can afford to get started a little later than I did this morning. An odd quirk comes with this load, though: I'm picking up a relay, but the work assignment just says "53' preloaded trailer" instead of actually giving me the trailer number. Also, the assignment says that I'll be getting there at noon when I know I can get there somewhat earlier, so it's quite possible that the trailer I'm getting isn't even being dropped until about that time. So I have even more time to kill since I'd rather not get there and have to kill time; this place is so far out of the way that I probably won't even have a cell phone signal. I'll probably just shut down at the Carlisle OC tomorrow, then continue down to the Charlotte OC the day after that, with the delivery elsewhere in town at 4AM Monday morning. It's nice to have a plan this far in advance for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment