Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Perryville, MD

Today was one of those days that probably could have gone much worse, but could also have gone better had I planned it all out more carefully. It turns out that I can't deliver the load I have any time on Wednesday; I have to have it there by 7AM. Oops. No big deal, though; that just meant I couldn't sleep in as I originally planned. So I left Charlotte around 6AM, with a plan to stop south of Washington, DC. Instead, though, I busted my tail and did an extra 100 miles, leaving me just 75 miles away from where I'm delivering; hopefully within an hour and a half drive. Since I have to have it there by 7AM, that means I have to leave here by 5:30AM.

I got my next work assignment while sitting in Washington, DC traffic. I had just long enough to glance at it, to find that I had three different places to pick up from. Joy. They're all appointments, too. It turns out that it's a very good thing I drove the extra 100 miles today; had I stopped where I originally planned, I wouldn't have had enough hours to do all the driving they're requiring of me. As it is, I'll have a mere 15 minutes to spare at the end of the day if everything goes according to plan and I park at the Carlisle, PA operating center. If things don't, I can park at the third place I'm picking up from; things would have to go disastrously bad for me to not make it that far. Thursday will be much less hectic; I'll just drive from wherever I stop tomorrow night to the Charlotte OC, then make the delivery from there on Friday morning. I just hope that the next load is less zany than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment