Sunday, April 13, 2008

Baldwinsville, NY

Today has been a great day... up until I got to this place. I decided to sleep in a little and get moving around 7:30AM, then drove to the place I needed to drop the load at, making only one quick break along the way. I was originally told to drop my trailer in a space that had a trailer in it; when I pointed this out, they just told me to drop it anywhere in the row. Gotta love it when other drivers just throw trailers wherever they want. Things went fine on my way out of there, too.

The problem occurred when I arrived at the shipper for this load (23 hours late) and the tandems wouldn't slide. Both pins on the driver's side were stuck. Using the hammer, I freed up the front one, but the rear pin was extremely difficult to even hammer in. I couldn't find any way of holding it in place with my crowbar and duct tape, as I have in the past, since I couldn't even get it to move using the bar. So I was forced to call the maintenance people. I was just about convinced I'd be stuck here all night, since they rarely can find places to do service in a timely manner on the weekend, but apparently I lucked out and a place will be here within the hour. If so, there's a chance I could make it as far as Buffalo, NY tonight. If not, I may have to park here overnight. At least they allow overnight parking, if it comes to that; most places don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment