Monday, April 28, 2008

Beckley, WV

I managed to use up my entire fourteen hours today, down to the minute; I shut down just as the clock rolled over to 4:15PM after starting at 2:15AM this morning. I got in to and out of my delivery faster than expected, which left me several hours to kill at the Charlotte OC while I waited for my appointment at the next place. During that time, I ate, called in to find out what I needed to do at the border, and got all the supplies I needed for the truck. All day today, it seemed things went well. I'd have liked to get my load faster than I did, but I only lost about a half hour down there and still made it about 75 miles further than I planned on.

For tomorrow, I have about 540 miles to go to get to the Toronto OC, where I plan on stopping for the evening. If everything goes well, I should be there with a bit of time to spare on my 11 and 14, but I'm still not entirely sure what to expect at the border. If that goes quickly, then I'll be able to just fly on through and get to the OC in the early afternoon hours. If I really get lucky, I'll have to spend 24 hours up there killing time, which might entitle me to layover pay and allow me to just spend a day enjoying myself north of the border. Either way, though, I'll have plenty of time to spare as long as I make the OC tomorrow.

One quick note about a possible concern, though: the 20 amp fuse for my turn signal lights looks like it's about ready to burn up. Quite literally burn, too; there are scorch marks on the thing and I burnt myself when I touched it. I definitely have to put my truck in the shop when I get to Toronto, if only to have that looked at. So I might well be in a hotel room tomorrow, whether or not I get a layover.

No comments:

Post a Comment