Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Aberfoyle, ON

Just a few more quick things, while I'm thinking about them.
  1. I saw a Canadian trucking newspaper lying around in here. Front page news? A proposal to limit all trucks that operate in the province to be mechanically governed to 105 km/h (65 mph). This has me rather confused, as the highest maximum speed anywhere in Ontario is 100 km/h (62 mph). Wouldn't it make a bit more sense to require them to stay at the speed limit?
  2. Perhaps unrelated to trucking, but it still is on my mind: is it normal for temperatures to get this cold in May? Last night's low was -5°C; tonight should be roughly the same. At least, unlike West Virginia, it isn't snowing here.
  3. I just had to fax yet another copy of my license to the office because apparently they couldn't read the last copy of it that I sent. The guy at the fuel desk suggested that, if they can't read this copy (enlarged to 200%) that I simply mail it in or ask to be routed to the appropriate OC and hand it to the appropriate people in person. I might instead ask if I can e-mail a copy of it to someone and save all that trouble. Of course, I'd be even happier if I didn't have to keep sending this thing in; I find it quite strange they'd only start pestering me about this now, several months after I've started driving.
Possible updates to this post later, if I think of anything else I want to blog about before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment