Thursday, April 17, 2008

Breezewood, PA

After leaving that first shipper, the rest of the day went rather smoothly. I found the second place without a problem, arrived about 45 minutes early, and got assigned a dock just about exactly at my appointment time. As such, I was in and out of there in less than two hours; the company told me to plan on three. The only problem I ran in to, really, is that I checked the traffic report and saw that Washington DC was a mess with rush hour. So instead of pushing through there, as I'd originally planned on, I decided to shut down at the first truck stop I found after the PA turnpike. This kept me out of traffic, but does have a distinctive downside: I'll have to be out of here before 5AM, since I have a little more than 300 miles left to drive and there's a risk I'll hit DC's morning rush hour (as opposed to the evening rush). On the bright side, I'm going to bed as soon as I post this, so I'll finally be able to get eight hours of sleep in a night for a change. Hopefully that'll be enough for me to feel comfortable working most of my 14 hours tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment