Thursday, April 24, 2008

New Albany, IN

Well, this is rather obnoxious. I got to the shipper at about 7:15 eastern (a bit later than I intended) and found that there were four other trucks in front of me waiting to be unloaded. While this wouldn't be so bad, normally, they have only one dock that they use to unload trucks and we're all waiting on that one dock. Worse, they have only one person actually working on the trailers, which means each trailer takes at least an hour to unload. So this means that, at best, I'll be here until noon unless they really pick up the pace. While I'll be getting a nice bit of detention pay for this, I was pulled off another work assignment that had to be picked up by 11:30 since there's virtually no chance I'll be out of here in time for that.

So, in short, I have a wait of unknown duration here and no work assignment yet. Hopefully at least one of these will be remedied soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment