Friday, April 11, 2008

Charlotte, NC

After the way Wednesday went, I was looking forward to a better day yesterday. I got it, too. Aside from a bit of morning fog and a tendency to get stuck behind every person who felt the Interstate speed limit should be 55, it was a smooth drive all the way down here. Today is going to be a very short day; I just need to drive 20 miles or so to the other side of Charlotte, drop this load and pick up an empty, then drive back to the Charlotte OC to drop the empty. There's a relay here that I'm picking up; however, the load is supposed to be delivered on Sunday at a place just over 800 miles away, which is roughly a one-and-a-half day drive. As such, I'll leave here Saturday, drive as close to 11 hours as I can stand. Alternatively, I might just shut down in Carlisle, PA at the operating center, which is just over half way there and would leave a 350 mile trek to finish the run. This will also be the first time I'm driving right by New York City, which makes me glad that I'm doing all this on a weekend; I shudder to think what a weekday morning rush hour would be like over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment