Friday, April 18, 2008

Charlotte, NC

Today I had to call cargo claims after finding that some freight had fallen over inside the trailer. Specifically, I had to open it to make one more pick up, but the stuff that had previously been loaded in there had fallen over, leaving the last shipper too little room to put their stuff inside. However, I could tell when I picked the load up that it hadn't been loaded properly and took a few pictures, which I forwarded on to the claims department. So now, if there's any claim for damaged goods, it's not our fault; it'll go back to the shipper that failed to load the trailer properly.

Aside from that cargo incident, everything else went fairly well today. Morning traffic around DC was unpleasant but I still made my pick up on time. I probably could have driven another hundred miles or so today, if I really wanted, but the trailer I have is due for maintenance and needed a couple repairs so I brought it in here. Now I just have to decide whether I want to leave from here early in the morning tomorrow or if I want to hold out and put myself back on driving nights. Not an easy call, really; both have plenty of perks...

No comments:

Post a Comment