Thursday, April 24, 2008

Glendale, KY

I really hope that I don't have to go back to the place I dropped my last load at. There's not enough room for trucks to turn around anywhere inside the facility, so I had to drive up the driveway as if I were exiting, then back up half-blindly down the way I came in. Once I got turned around, it was fine, but trying to maneuver around the construction equipment and the hole in the parking lot was not fun at all. I swear, this job is going to make me go bald quickly just because of all the times I end up pulling my hair in frustration.

Once I left that place, though, things went rather smoothly. Even though I had a 4PM appointment to pick up my current load, I got there around 1:30, got in a dock door by 2, and was out of there by 3. Whee! I decided to stop a bit earlier tonight, though, mostly because I found a Petro truck stop and really, really wanted to get steak for dinner. In any case, I'll be able to leave here as early as 4AM and I plan on getting a move on as quickly as possible; the earlier I leave in the morning, the further I can get before truck stops start getting crowded. If all goes exceptionally well, I'll be just under 100 miles away from the delivery, at a Pilot truck stop where I can get a shower and a nice meal, and with enough time to get another full night's sleep. Speaking of a full night's sleep, it's about time to get to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment