Sunday, March 30, 2008

Knoxville, TN

It seems like I'm running faster than even the trip planners can keep up with these days! I ended up getting to the place where I was supposed to get "unloaded" at around 4:30AM, to find out that it really was just a drop. I also was supposed to bobtail to pick up my next load, but that wasn't supposed to be ready until 3PM. Oops. Well, I went down there and found out (unsurprisingly) that it wasn't ready and that they were running behind schedule. So instead of wasting most of the rest of my hours down there, I instead went back up the road to a truck stop, where I'll be taking yet another 10-hour break. I'll get eight hours sleep (hypothetically), grab some food, then pick this thing up and drive to Indianapolis for the night. I'll put my truck in the shop, most likely, since I have enough time on this load that I can afford to take the extra 24 hours or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment