Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Indianapolis, IN

I'm just stopped for lunch, but figured I'd give an update on the day so far. Despite all the "winter storm watches" and hype about overnight snow, it seems the system is moving more slowly. It's going to suck when it actually hits, but I just might be south of the snow by the time it rolls in. So while I still have about 250 miles to go to where I'm delivering, I'm optimistic that I can do that in less than five hours, which leaves me roughly two hours of driving time to get started on another run. Obviously, the sooner I get there, the better: I've been making a habit of getting up earlier each morning and it's working out pretty well so far. I just need a bit of caffeine to kick start the day.

Anyway, they've finally made my burger, so I'm going to eat and hit the road!

Edit (10:20AM): So much for missing the snow; the national weather service is already listing heavy snow in the city I'm delivering to, with snowfall rates of two inches per hour and a forecast total of six to eight inches. I just hope that it isn't as bad as they're saying, but they don't usually throw out warnings lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment