Friday, March 7, 2008

Ugh. I absolutely hate driving in major cities. Minneapolis has to be one of the worst, though, in that it seemed like the drivers were actively trying to make it harder for me; I had my turn signal on for a mile before an exit and just merged over before the ramp. Of course, it didn't help that the directions I had were incomplete; I incorrectly went south on a road instead of north because the instructions simply said to take the road! As such, I had to navigate downtown Minneapolis with a 53' trailer; it's a small wonder I didn't have an accident with the way people were driving.

Once I finally found the place, things went smoothly; I actually dropped my old trailer and picked up the new one in about 35 minutes, which is quite a bit faster than I normally can get it done. I planned on going all the way down to the Iowa welcome center, but I realized that I was down to 45 minutes left on my 14 hours by the time I left that customer! So, instead, I've stopped at this truck stop where I weighed the rig, and have pleasantly discovered that they offer free wi-fi, so I might stay here a bit longer than my normal 10 hours. The delivery I have is about 850 miles from here - obviously more than I can do in one day - but I'll try to leave fairly early tomorrow (perhaps 6AM, not as early as I've been going) and drive straight though to maximize my mileage. Hopefully it will be a much better day than today!

No comments:

Post a Comment