Wednesday, March 12, 2008

London, OH

Today was one of those incredibly long days that just didn't feel that long. For various reasons, I got just two hours of sleep last night, but I actually was wide awake when I started driving. I made it to my delivery point with about fifteen minutes to spare, but since they didn't open until 7AM, it was a moot point. Even so, they finished unloading me much more quickly than expected and I got a work assignment just as they returned my paperwork, so I got directions and took off again, heading 19 miles back down the Interstate.

The next load also went ahead of schedule, so I was back on the road in about two hours (instead of 3.5), which left me just under three hours to find a place to park. I found a Pilot about 160 miles away and decided to go for it... I ended up parking the truck just as my fourteen hours ran out for the day. I plan on catching up on sleep, so I won't be leaving immediately when my 10 hour break is up; I can afford to take a few extra hours on this run. I could probably just take a full 34 hour restart, but I'd rather keep moving so I have a nice, fat paycheck come in when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment