Saturday, March 8, 2008

Kearny, MO

I decided to sleep in today, since I have extra time on this delivery... but I didn't anticipate sleeping in until 11AM. Oops. Well, it doesn't matter that much, since I still made about 350 miles today, leaving me about 490 for tomorrow. I'll plan on taking ten hours to do that, leaving me about an hour to pick up another load or to make my way to the nearest truck stop and take my DOT break.

One thing I just realized about this load earlier today: I'm going well west of I-35. Sure, it was pretty obvious from my directions (take I-35, then go west on I-44), but it just kinda sank in that I'm going past that arbitary border by about a hundred miles. I'd be ecstatic if I were able to continue west, but they'll probably instead send me south into Texas or start routing me east again. Either way, I'll need to be up before 5AM, so I plan on getting a shower shortly and sleeping after I'm clean. I'll just clear out the truck a bit first.

No comments:

Post a Comment