Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Satsuma, AL

I just came back out on the road today after nearly a week off, so I was ready to go and hoping for plenty of miles. Only... I didn't get it. I have a run that's just over 600 miles, but I can't find an empty trailer anywhere! I was sent to one place, only to find they didn't have any empties. I sent in a message... only to get told to wait for an empty to become available. Fantastic. So I wait, and wait... and four hours later find out that they're not unloading any more of ours today and that the three they already did (taken by the three drivers in line before me) were the only three.

So I had just an hour and a half left to get a trailer and get to where I was picking up a load (it was just around the corner, but had to be by 3PM). Instead of sending me somewhere else, though, I was given permission to go up to a truck stop for the night and to be back at the place to try get an empty in the morning. So I'm going to sleep, wake up, shower, and hit the road, in the hopes one will be there when I arrive. It's a long shot, especially considering that there are apparently nearly twenty other drivers waiting on trailers from this place, but I'm hoping that I luck out.

No comments:

Post a Comment