Sunday, March 2, 2008

Seville, OH

Ever feel like your entire weekend consists entirely of going through the required motions but not actually accomplishing anything? That's about what's going on for me. My day yesterday was probably the most embarrassingly short load I've had yet: I had to drive 80 miles to get a trailer loaded, then a lousy 24 miles up the Interstate to drop it off as a relay! And since it was a relay, I don't get any of the bonuses that might accompany such a short run: no short haul pay, no live load bonus, nothing. I even sent in a message asking them if they could give me anything better, but of course they couldn't. The only upside is that the load took less than an hour, instead of the four-and-a-half hour wait they had planned!

At least today has been somewhat better. I just wasn't in the mood to do anything yesterday evening, so I took a very early night, shutting down around 2PM and getting ready to go shortly after midnight. It turns out I was picking up another relay from that same drop yard, though this time I finally got to move a respectable distance (about 550 miles). Since it's a live unload tomorrow morning, I just shut down here in Seville, since there's really not much advantage to going further up the highway. I'll figure out when I need to leave here a little later this afternoon, before I go to sleep, but I imagine I'll be able to sleep 'til at least 5AM, probably later. I just hope that my next run is also a worthwhile trip; I've really been hurting for miles the last week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment