Thursday, June 12, 2008

Stevens Point, WI - Underappreciation week

I really, really would like to strangle the trip planner right about now. After waiting six hours for a work assignment, I finally got one that consists of a total of 140 miles and doesn't take me anywhere near an operating center. This means that I don't get to participate in any of the "appreciation week" stuff they have going on, don't get enough miles to really be anything other than happy, and have to drive through shitty back roads to get there. To add insult, the load is an appointment at 7AM tomorrow, so I have to park at this place overnight and simply wait until morning and hope that the next load I get sucks at least slightly less hard than this.

So, to summarize: dear trip planner, thanks for absolutely nothing, jackass. Insincerely, me.

Edit (3:21PM): Either the trip planner reads my blog or he just feels sorry for having kept me waiting so long. I've gotten 1500 miles to play with over the weekend at a place that I should be able to get to first thing on Monday morning. I'll also be running a bit low on hours, so there's a chance that I'll need to take a restart somewhere. Hopefully it'll be somewhere decent.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, 1500 mile loads are awesome! I envy! Certainly makes up for that crappy 140 mile thing they put you on.

    ReplyDelete