Monday, June 9, 2008

Houston, TX

I managed to use up every moment of my 11 and 14 hour days yesterday, and even that required a bit of rounding in my favor. In reality, I did 676 miles, which is impossible to do in a truck that only does 60. In any case, the drive itself went rather well, so there's really not much to type about here. When I made the delivery, I got a bit flustered as I tried to back the trailer in, mostly because I was somewhat sleep deprived and knew I didn't have a lot of time to work with. I went to bed almost immediately after parking the truck and slept for about nine hours. Even so, I still felt lousy when I woke up; I need a couple more full nights of sleep.

In any case, I picked up the trailer I needed, found one tire that was low on air, but didn't feel like waiting an hour (or more) for the shop to get around to inflating it. So I'm waiting at the customer to get unloaded. I have a work assignment... sort of. They sent me the first message of it, but I've yet to get any pick up or delivery information. I asked them to re-send it but haven't gotten anything yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment