Monday, June 23, 2008

Spring Hill, KS

After taking a day off yesterday, just to enjoy having another day off on a weekend, I drove the 280 miles from St. Louis out here. I'm getting unloaded right now; soon as the trailer is empty, I will probably be driving about five miles up the road to a truck stop and going on an unexpectedly early break. Why? While I was driving here, I got a message telling me to be ready to go at 4AM since they'll have a load ready for me, but that load apparently isn't ready and they don't have the information for it. I'm trying to see if I can find out where exactly I'm supposed to pick up the freight at and whether or not they'll let me park there. If so, it'll save me an extra half hour in the morning; if not, at least I have one place that I can stop near here.

2:20PM: Okay, this is more than a little frustrating. I was on hold for 15 minutes waiting  to talk to operations to find out what I need to do tonight, asked what I should do, then was put back on hold while they made a few phone calls and tried to find out. While I was on hold, my cell phone dropped the call. So I had to call back, wait another 15 minutes, and got someone else who wouldn't even look it up for me after I repeatedly asked her to. She wasted more time explaining to me why I should just park at the nearest truck stop then it would have taken her to look up the information I needed. So because nobody can confirm parking for me, I have to park here, leaving me 30 miles to drive at 3:30 in the morning. I really would have liked to get an extra half hour of sleep; apparently that's just not an option now.

No comments:

Post a Comment