Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Kearney, MO

You know that you've gotten a lousy work assignment when you call up the trip planner and even she comments about how horrible your utilization is. :)

I have an assignment... not Wal-Mart, like I was told it was going to be, though. It also was an open pick up window, so I slept in a little bit, and it doesn't deliver until tomorrow night at 8PM. The problem is that I could get there at 11AM very easily, and even that's assuming I average just 50mph, take the Interstate the whole way (there's a roughly 35 mile shortcut I could take), and take an extra half-hour worth of breaks along the way. So I'm on hold right now trying to either get the load relayed or the appointment moved up. Failing that, I might at least see if I can get hotel reimbursement for having to lose most of a day.

... and, apparently, she's on lunch so I got someone else. I'm going to have to keep driving with it in the meantime, but I need to stop for fuel at one of our drop yards anyway and I should have an answer by then. I wouldn't mind if they let me drop it there and allowed me to get on break, since I could then be up and running at 3 or 4 in the morning, as I should have been today.

No comments:

Post a Comment