Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Green Bay ,WI

The freight I had in the trailer fell over, so I had the "pleasure" of restacking a pallet's worth of boxes. At least it was only one pallet and toilet paper doesn't weigh a lot. Of the 30 boxes, though, eight were wet and five were damaged, which is generally a bad thing... amazingly, though, these guys didn't care at all. And rather than having to unload the whole thing by hand, once I fixed that one pallet, they took care of the rest themselves. So I decided to come up to Green Bay to get a few repairs done; I had a nonessential light that was damaged and dangling by a wire, a tire that had something stuck in it, and a trailer due for its annual inspection. They're done with that, so now I'm just waiting on laundry to finish up while typing this.

I'll hopefully be down near St. Louis again tomorrow night, if all goes well, though that's entirely dependent on how long it
takes for them to load the trailer. If they finish in under 2 1/2 hours, I'll have that much time to spare; if they take more than that long, I'll have to either find somewhere else to park or make up some time on the road. I really hope it doesn't come down to that...

No comments:

Post a Comment