Saturday, June 28, 2008

Oak Grove, IA

Another day, another round of frustration and annoyances. Apparently Kansas drivers not only understand the concept of a "speed limit" but they take it a little too far; I was stuck behind someone doing at least 10 under the limit more times than I'm willing to count. I also had an instance where I made a wrong turn. How I can be going west and make a right turn to go south is entirely beyond me. On the flip side, though, I don't even know which direction I was driving on that road; it was simultaneously east 160, west 400, and north 69. I'll post a photo of the sign later.

At least I have a decent work assignment for someone other than Kimberly Clark; I'm picking up at a place in the same industrial park as our Edwardsville, IL operating center, so I might be able to kill a bit of time there in the morning before the load is ready, presumably at 8AM. From there, I'll probably go to Indianapolis and make it a slightly short day, then leave from there and drive my full 11 hours to get into northern PA. If all goes according to plan, that will leave me a little under 50 miles to go on the run, which will be trivially easy to finish on Tuesday morning. That leaves me about 1,080 miles from the drop yard I use as my "home" location, which is a decent two days of driving. There's obviously no way of telling whether or not they're going to route me straight home or not, but I would be surprised if they didn't start sending me that way. Of course, I've been wrong before.

No comments:

Post a Comment