Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Katy, TX

You know, I seem to be writing a lot of negative things here lately. But, let's face it: good days are boring. I can't imagine many of you want to hear about me simply putting it in gear and driving 600 miles down the highway; there's just not much to put there.

So, on to today's round of bullshit! This is brought to you by the wonderful folks at a distribution center. As I pulled in, I stopped to the side, near the gate, so as not to block traffic. Some guy on a golf cart with a heavy Mexican accent told me to move to door 25. Never mind that I hadn't checked in and he had no clue what I was picking up; he just told me to move. He never got out of the way, though, weaving his golf cart back and forth like a moron, before gesturing at another door. I stopped the truck, got out, and asked what the heck he was doing; he said he wanted me in 28. That was very, very obviously not what he'd said before; I told him as much, then had to wait once again for him to get out of the way before I could put the truck in the door.

After that, I went to check in... only to get told that my pick up number was wrong. She didn't even double check it; she said it was wrong immediately and told me to call dispatch. So, I did, getting increasingly irritated by the situation. Dispatch confirmed that the number I had was correct. I went back to the office, told them this, and they continued to insist that the number I had couldn't possibly be right. So they called over a supervisor of some sort and she told them to load the truck anyway despite my number being wrong. I saw them write the "correct" number down... which started with 1509, where my number started with 1407. If it were just one digit off, I could just chalk it up to a typo, but I don't see how they could get two numbers wrong without someone deliberately providing the wrong information.

In any case, right now, I'm in the truck, waiting to get told which dock I actually need to be in. So far, I've been waiting for 35 minutes. My appointment was for 1:45, but obviously they've missed that, even though I pulled onto the property at exactly 1:15 and finished up all the crap at the office before that deadline. I don't expect them to actually get me out of here within two hours, as expected, so I don't know where I'm going to end up parking for the evening. I just know that this is really, really getting on my nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment