Friday, June 20, 2008

Monee, IL

I decided on taking a short day today since I'd worked 32 hours in the last three days. It worked out rather well, too, since my next assignment actually took me toward the truck stop I planned on stopping at anyway. So instead of taking it as out of route, I got paid for it. Whee! So I had a nice, steak and shrimp dinner at the Iron Skillet up here and now I'm just winding down before bed. I have a live load to get at 9AM tomorrow... up in Chicago. I'm going to plan my route out tonight and expect to average about 25 mph going through Chicago; morning traffic is usually horrible, especially on the routes I'm likely going to need to take. I'm only dropping this as a relay over in Gary, but at least that leaves me enough time to go somewhere else. Hopefully I'll get another really nice run once I drop this relay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment