Sunday, June 15, 2008

Colbert, OK - Drivers are not OK

It seems like, after taking the day off yesterday, everything that could possibly have gotten on my nerves decided to come up. I had three separate people cut me off as they "merged" into traffic, including one dolt who insisted on doing 45 mph on the Oklahoma Turnpike, which has a speed limit of 75 and a posted minimum of 50. My truck was ready for me when I got back to the operating center, but they also managed to break at least one thing that wasn't broken before. Namely, my driver's side window switch. I was able to lower the window a couple times, but now it seems there's nothing left for it to make contact with. This, of course, after I put in a window screen, meaning I now have this screen stuck in my window unless I can somehow get the switch to work.

In any case, I'm tired, frustrated, and have to be up at 6AM to be on the road by 6:30. There's almost no chance that I'll be able to deliver this thing tomorrow, since it's still about 500 miles away, I have to get the trailer inspected at the nearby operating center, and they close at 4PM. Thankfully, I should be able to drop the load Tuesday morning, though that won't be until 7AM (when they open), meaning I'm going to lose a few hours. But to do any of that, I really need to get some sleep; this is going to be enough of a pain in the rear if I'm well rested and doubly so if I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment