Monday, June 16, 2008

Laredo, TX

Another day, another several hundred miles. I had several more people decide to cut me off today, one of whom ended up on the shoulder of the road after I had to make a sudden move to get away from a mechanic working on a broken-down rig. I would rather get someone like that off the highway than take out a mechanic. Also, I had to make up a route around San Antonio since it seemed like traffic was at a standstill everywhere except going around the east side of I-410; traffic.com listed delays of several hours on I-10, I-35, and the west side of I-410.

In any case, the place I'm delivering to isn't open until 9AM tomorrow, meaning I have enough time to sleep in ('til about 7) get a shower, and still make the delivery at a reasonably early hour. I don't plan on working a full day tomorrow - I think I'll put myself as available for about nine hours - so I should be able to get back onto pattern of early morning hours if the freight allows it. Hopefully that will work out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment