Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sheboygan, WI

The drive up here was fairly uneventful, aside from the occasional rain shower that got people to actually drive the speed limit. For a little while, anyway. It got more interesting when I arrived at the consignee and saw I had a work assignment... that was for both pick up and delivery in the same town. So, as a a result, I would get paid zero miles. I was going to call and complain about that after I'd gotten backed into a dock, but they took me off the load; apparently it was something meant as part of a dedicated account. So I got another assignment instead, also going to the same town, but instead delivering about 700 miles away. As a bonus, it's a "by" delivery, so I can get there pretty much any time that I want, as long as it's no later than midnight on Saturday, though there's no reason I won't be able to deliver it by Friday afternoon.

In short, I've gotta some halfway decent miles and I intend to move as fast as I can with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment