Thursday, January 1, 2009

Milford, CT - Another night to kill

When I got my current assignment, I shuddered at the route: I-95, directly through New York City. That would normally be scary enough, but to have to do that on New Year's? I thought it would be tantamount to suicide. At least I wasn't on that tight a time schedule, since my delivery is only 200 miles away and I have to be up there mid-afternoon tomorrow. I wish they could move the appointment up a little, but if I'm willing to stay up late and luck out with parking, I might be okay.

The traffic, however, turned out to be a complete non-issue. I could have been driving through any other major city on any other day and seen about the same. It was flowing at (or, rather 10 above) the speed limit all the way from Connecticut to New Jersey. There was a brief delay coming back, due to congestion around one exit, but otherwise there was nothing at all problematic about the trip. The only reason I didn't go further today is that there is only one more truck stop between here and where I'm going in Massachusetts that doesn't charge for parking. As such, I've about 125 miles to go; I'll leave myself four hours to get there, in case there's a jam along the way, as Connecticut is so infamous for.

Now, though, I just have to stay up late enough that I don't feel like crap when I'm up 'til 2 AM tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment