Sunday, January 11, 2009

Gary, IN - Can we please just close the road?

So, in the process of trying to get back to the operating center, the snow picked up a bit. It seems like every mile, someone would get into my lane and slow down considerably, forcing me to slow down, which led to another vehicle getting in front... and all that because nobody would let me over to pass the car in front of me that was doing 40 in a 70, even though the posted minimum speed is 55. If nobody can actually drive in winter without acting like a complete moron, why don't they just put everyone out of their misery and close the Interstate entirely? It would at least save me from screaming myself hoarse at all the other drivers that make it nearly impossible to get where I want to go.

One thing that didn't help matters, though, was my defroster. The driver's side defrost has been getting steadily worse for a while now and, in the light snow, half my windshield iced up. I'm in line for express repairs right now to see if the ducts simply need to be blown clean or there is some other simple fix for the problem. If not, it'll be at least tomorrow afternoon before the main shop can work on it. I just hope that the 'express' repairs really are as quick as they're intended to be; I don't want to spend the next several hours simply waiting in line here.

No comments:

Post a Comment