Thursday, January 15, 2009

Seville, OH - How low can we go?

It's currently -2 here. They're forecasting -8 tonight. And where I'm going in New York? It'll be 12 below with winds of five to ten, making it feel like -20 to -30. Tomorrow's high up there is supposed to get into the double digits, but the wind will pick up as well, leaving the wind chill well into the negative numbers.

To add to my weather concerns, there's going to be plenty of snow along I-90, near the Great Lakes. One graphic on the Weather Channel said 6-12 inches between Erie, PA and Buffalo, NY, which is sure to make driving a pleasure. Once I get away from the lake, conditions should improve, but I still have to get at least that far first. On the bright side, once I post this, I'm going to get going and have 13 hours to arrive at my destination. Thus, even if it takes my full 11 hours of driving and I make two hours worth of stops (for food, etc.) I'm still going to be on time. If I arrive early, I can just park there and wait. I just hope that they send me somewhere warmer after this load; it's so cold up here that the truck heat can't keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment