Friday, January 2, 2009

Bridgewater, MA - A service plaza? Where?

For reasons that nobody can quite figure out, there's a service plaza on Massachusetts route 24, just north of I-495, even though neither route is a toll road. It works out very well for me, though, since I needed to find somewhere to park for the night and there happened to be parking here. It does mean that I'm quite a bit further from the shipper for my next load than I'd like, but at least I am safely and legally parked here and should still be able to go where I want to tomorrow, even if it takes a bit longer to get there.

The only big problem with this load is that, once again, I have to take I-95 through New York City. I'll be keeping a close watch on the traffic report and making alternate plans if necessary. If I can go through, though, I'll probably just park at the service plaza on the New Jersey Turnpike, since the lot there is huge and it's easily the closest place to the consignee. Failing that, I might have to park all the way up in Connecticut, perhaps as far north as Milford, since there are so few options along the way. Hopefully I'll luck out with that once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment