Monday, January 26, 2009

Dallas, TX - Timing problems

Today was decidedly unproductive. I woke up and delivered the load, but not without issue. Specifically, the directions said "use second driveway" but didn't point out that the two driveways were only a few feet apart, and not on opposite sides of a warehouse. I ended up having to go around the block and arrived at 7AM, exactly one hour late for my delivery. They didn't care, though; despite mentioning that my appointment was for 6 o'clock, I was immediately assigned a dock, then they started unloading the trailer as soon as I was in there. Total time? Half an hour.

Since there was no work assignment, I went back here to the Dallas OC, dropped the empty trailer I had, then parked the truck. An assignment came down a couple of hours ago, though it's for a live load at 10 AM tomorrow, then I'll have to drive straight from there down to San Antonio - about 280 miles - for a 5:30 PM unload. The problem? The unload is listed as taking 4 1/2 hours. By the time I get out of there, it'll be 10 PM, I'll be nearly out of hours on my 14, and I can't think of anywhere that even might have parking at that time of night. I could try to make a reservation with IdleAire and hope that they'll hold it for me, but that's not likely. After having so much trouble at finding parking at 6 PM near Dallas, I really don't want to run into that problem again so soon. I'll call operations in the morning and see what they say about it; hopefully they'll be able to come up with a solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment