Friday, January 23, 2009

White Pine, TN - Slowness

Today should have turned out to be much more productive than it did. The biggest problem, though, was the shipper. A live load that was supposed to take only two hours ended up taking more than six. It didn't help that the female in the shipping office had a serious attitude; she got particularly aggravated when I asked for a second copy of the bill of lading for this load, since I have to have one for our billing department and one for the consignee to keep. I'll have to make copies somewhere now, either at the truck stop here or by making a short detour to an operating center.

Aside from that, not a whole lot happened today. Tomorrow, I'll be getting up early as possible (perhaps 3:30 or 4 AM), delivering this thing to the distribution center, then heading back to the OC. All told, it should be around 625 miles, so I'll need a bit of good fortune with the weather. Sunday, I head toward Dallas for a delivery that needs to be made early Monday morning. It's only about 425 miles, but it'll keep me from being stuck somewhere. Hopefully we'll have more freight in that area when I get out there.

For now, though, I finish a few things up and get to bed. Going to need the rest for a long day like tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment