Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dallas, TX - Screwed

I'm too tired and don't have the time to type up a particularly long post, but I ended up sleeping in a little this morning, got a nice breakfast, then spent a bit more time than I should have with another driver/friend; as such, I didn't leave until about an hour after I originally planned to hit the road. Truck stops were filling up remarkably early and, as such, there was no parking at all even at 5:30 PM on a Sunday. I checked three truck stops and there was barely enough room to get around. I ended up having to detour 15 or so miles to the Dallas OC.

Between the time I wasted looking for parking and the detour to get down here, there's now a 0% chance I'll make on-time delivery tomorrow. Since I arrived here at 7:15, I can't leave before 5:45 and I'm at least 25 miles from where I deliver this load. At best, I'll be 15 minutes late. At worst, there will be an accident and I-635 will be completely jammed, resulting in a several hour delay.

I'm more than a little unhappy about the situation, too, for a whole slew of reasons. I know I'm going to get chewed out by first shift for this. I'm not going to sleep very well tonight because I'm going to be worrying about what's going to happen tomorrow. I'm struggling just to sit upright as it is. I suppose I'll have some idea of what's going on in about ten hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment