Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Arlington, TX - Lights are on, but the freight isn't home

I ended up getting a late start (notice a trend?) but, for once, I didn't end up screwing myself over. I started at about 9:10, found an empty at 9:15, left the gate at 9:35, and drove the 18 miles to the shipper to arrive here at 9:57 for a 10 o'clock appointment. Whee!

That's about when things started getting wonky, though. I went in, gave the clerk my information, and got told that someone else picked that load up two hours ago. So I call in to operations, get put on hold for about five minutes, explain the situation, then get put on hold for another fifteen before getting told that customer service is trying to find the other pick up number(s) so I can get the load and that, if I haven't heard something within half an hour, I should call back to find out why.

I hang up, then about five minutes later, get a message telling me that the load was canceled. So I call in again, get told "I'm working on it" when I ask about another load, and I tell him that I'll call back in half an hour if nothing has been worked out. That was nearly twenty minutes ago. Another driver, who got here after I did and also complained that his load had been canceled, left just a couple moments ago. Whether or not he has a load or decided to just return to the OC, I don't know, but it makes me wonder what my situation is. I guess I'll have an answer soon enough, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment