Thursday, November 6, 2008

Epping, NH - Workin' day and night

Having spent the day in Carlisle doing various errands, I ended up leaving there overnight and drove non-stop to get where I needed to be this morning. It's the only time I've ever driven through Connecticut where traffic wasn't bumper to bumper the entire way through the state, which was a pleasant change. I was able to get the trailer unloaded and, amazingly, backed into the dock on one try, without having to pull forward or get out and double-check where I was. Still is awesome when I get that to work. Once the trailer was unloaded, I ended up having to drive to a parking lot a couple miles up the road, since that customer only had room for one truck to park overnight and another driver had already taken that space. I'm now just waiting on a work assignment and was told that being available this time of night is a huge advantage, since we're a 24-hour company but 95% of drivers aren't available for full nights of driving. Of course, if there's no freight up here, it doesn't matter what time I'm available. They asked me to call back around midnight to double-check.

2 comments:

  1. I might have to give night driving a try tonight once I'm unloaded, since I have to get up at midnight to deliver this load due to them being so anal retentive that they were even turning away trucks who were only 15 minutes late, or 30 minutes early

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i finally found a way to post in your journal XD

    btw, captchas make baby flying spaghetti monster cry :P

    (have to sign into gmail using IE and fill out 2 captchas, since the captchas won't load in firefox for me)

    ReplyDelete