Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Carlisle, PA - Bureaucrats

Due to the two incidents yesterday, I had to call in and explain the situation again to operations, then again to someone in the safety department. The safety guy had to go for an emergency halfway through my explanation, though, which means I'll get to explain it yet again at some point. They're going to route me down there to "discuss my options" in person. I asked if those options were along the lines of going home via a bus or a rental car, figuring they were using that as a euphemism for firing me, though operations insisted that wasn't the case. The guy I spoke to said that he's comfortable with my driving and he doesn't feel that these incidents really are properly reflective of the way I actually am on the road, especially given that the first incident was something that he admitted he would have handled the exact same way. We'll see, though; the fact they continue to insist that I discuss it with them in person is more than a little unsettling.

1 comment:

  1. Ick. Well, hopefully it's not one of those "Sorry but when you go home in a few days, clean out your truck and don't bother coming back" results.

    Seriously though, that really bites. And all of it could have been avoided if that ass had just slowed down before forcing you to hit the overpass with your mirror!

    Either way, best of luck! And I do hope this doesn't impact your plans to come up here next week!

    ReplyDelete