Friday, November 14, 2008

Atlanta, GA - Nowhere to go

Unsurprisingly, I ended up screwed out of several hundred miles again. Rather than delivering this load all the way into Florida, I lost 450 miles by relaying it in Atlanta due to operations insistence upon it. Even more screwed up is that, even though I was told that the driver was waiting, I found out that he had been taken off the load and assigned something else since he's on break until at least 10 PM tonight.

So, what do I get out of sacrificing yet another 400 miles? At least two days of layover pay. Rather than assigning me something decent, I end up with a 375 mile run to Memphis, delivering Tuesday afternoon. I could easily make it there tomorrow if they could get the appointment moved up and I'll be calling in tomorrow morning to try and arrange that. If it can't be done for any reason, I'll be stuck sitting and waiting.

Of course, there's that "meeting" that I have to have with the safety people. Whether it's actually going to consist of anything more than me handing in the truck keys is still anyone's guess. Once it's established that I still have a job, I'm going to have a long conversation of my own with the guy I'm working with now; I've been shafted out of more than two thousand miles in the last three weeks due to his poor planning and I'm really getting tired of it. We'll see how any of that goes, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment