Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Carlisle, PA - Moneyhaul

I need to get rolling fairly soon, so I don't have time to write all the details (but I may edit this post later to include them). But I am getting three back days of layover pay and 157 miles for a total of $326.57 before taxes. Trying to get anyone to actually commit to the policies was as useful as nailing Jello to a wall. For one thing, they're now claiming that the 39¢ per mile they offer to drivers includes the 2¢ bonus and a 1¢ geographic premium. Meaning that, assuming I earn the bonus, I'll be where I should be. One other piece of good news: out of route is not a factor in my bonus, though it's in everyone's best interest that I keep it as low as possible. The less money I waste on fuel, the more they'll (supposedly) have to pay drivers. That money will come in on next Friday's paycheck, since payroll has already been run for this week.

There are plenty of other bits of weirdness going on but that's another post to make later.

No comments:

Post a Comment