Thursday, May 8, 2008

Green Bay, WI

After yesterday, I decided to just take the extra day at the operating center up here, as I needed to recover a bit of time on my 70. I got a bit later start than I intended - about an hour ago - and needed to stop for fuel before I left the OC. However, they had a mechanic out there checking on trucks and he found that one of my trailer tires just slightly too flat to be inflated. Specifically, if a tire drops below 60 psi, the steel-belt can come apart from the tread; my tire was at about 57. So now I'm stuck here until they replace the tire, since they're not going to let me swap out for another empty (assuming one's available). This is going to eat into my 14 hours for the day, which means I may or may not make Indianapolis tonight, as I'd currently planned on doing. If not, I'm going to have to scrap my entire trip plan and hope I can somehow find parking somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment