Monday, May 19, 2008

Bixby, OK

4:00 - I got my next work assignment while I was driving here to pick up a load. It would be great - it's nearly a thousand miles - but I have a 6:30AM flight to catch Thursday morning and there's no way I can deliver this load and catch the plane. I'm on hold now trying to see if I can either get another load or (preferably) relay this one at a drop yard near home, but it's just rolled over to 4 o'clock so I might not be able to get a hold of anyone on first shift; support shift probably won't be able to do a thing to help me if I get stuck talking to them.

4:30 - And they think they've worked something out, but it all hinges on the place I'm picking the next load up at getting me out of there several hours early. Right now, it's a 2:15PM appointment tomorrow, but if they load me when I get there tonight (around midnight), I'll be able to relay this load in Dallas, pick up another load, then relay that second load at a drop yard near home. It's a gamble, but I'm feeling lucky for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment