Sunday, May 4, 2008

Charlotte, NC

I made the trip by driving straight through, which left me only half an hour late; I made up a full hour on the highway. I dropped the trailer and received a work assignment while I was uncoupling from it, so I'm now here at the OC to pick up a relay. It's going up to Indiana, about 670 miles away, for a 10AM unload tomorrow. However, the trailer I'm picking up has a recap that's coming apart and the shop is closed until 5AM eastern time, so I'm not going to make it nearly as far as I wanted. As such, while I could have taken an Interstate route if I had left earlier, I instead am going to have to try and make a shortcut on secondary routes. It's going to be close, mostly because I'll only be able to drive about 13 hours (counting the two I'll have left tonight), requiring that I average over 50 mph on those back highways. Hopefully I can do it; I really don't want to have to do something creative with the load.

No comments:

Post a Comment