Monday, May 19, 2008

Duncan, OK

One exceptionally long day down and at least one more to go. I got a somewhat later start than I intended - nearly noon - but I needed to make this drop by midnight and the place allowed parking. I seemed to end up behind a lot of people that insisted on doing 50 mph or slower on the Interstate, which didn't help my time, but I still got here around 11:30PM. I dropped the trailer, then went inside... then had to wait nearly 30 minutes for someone in the receiving office to take my paperwork, stamp it, and hand it back to me. I'm not going to name the chain in question, but this is the third distribution center of theirs I've gone to and they've all had exceptionally slow people working in the receiving office. It just doesn't make the slightest bit of sense to me.

In any case, I picked up an empty and am now stopped on a disused road that's now used as truck parking. Tomorrow, I don't have quite as many miles to run - about 525 instead of 600 - but it's still going to be quite a long day. Since I'm supposed to be home by Wednesday, I really hope they get me to an operating center and have me pick up a relayed load; I don't see much hope for getting home in time otherwise. I'll probably call the trip planner before I head out in the morning just to see if she has anything figured out that I'm not currently aware of. Hopefully it'll be good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment