Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Carlisle, PA

Yesterday was one of those days where it felt like everything was moving in slow motion. After spending more than an hour in the shop just to get a tire replaced, I got on the road and ended up behind every slow person on the highway. Then, when I tried to pass, I'd either lose speed on a hill, the person I was passing accelerated, the person in the passing lane would slow down, or some other strange occurrence would render it a moot point. Despite all the frustration, I was able to make the delivery with about two hours to spare, then drove back here to the OC.

I'll be leaving here momentarily to pick up the first half of another load, then probably just come right back for the evening. Tomorrow, I'll be doing about 570 miles, going through Ohio to pick up the second half of this load, then probably shutting down in Indianapolis. That'll leave me just over 200 miles to the place I'm delivering, which is quite doable. Hopefully I can keep getting these decently-long runs; I like it when I have a good day of driving, but I don't have to completely burn myself out to get where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment