Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Russel, IL - Ahead of the game

I'm so, so thankful that September is finally over. I don't know why, but somehow, now that the blasted month is over with, things seem much better. That might have something to do with a few things going on outside of work, like getting those extra days off, but things seem genuinely good right now. Of course, assignments are as frustrating and misleading as ever: the first pick up for my current load was scheduled to be picked up tomorrow, any time between 7 AM and 5 PM, at a customer that allowed parking. In reality, they weren't planning on being ready for me until 9 AM and do not allow drivers to park. However, this is October! A wonderful new month! Instead of just telling me off and leaving me to complain to operations, they actually worked me in and loaded the trailer immediately. I was there less than 30 minutes.

So I'm at a TA just south of the WI/IL state line and am two hours into my break. I plan on getting moving as soon as my 10 hour break is up and making the second pick up stop for this load. I may then take my break in Indianapolis and just make it a half day (to catch up on sleep) or press on and try to have three 10+ hour days in a row. Both options certainly have their appeal, especially since the harder I run the better my assigned runs seem to become. However, before any of that can happen, I need to get the seven or so hours of sleep I can manage before it's time to resume working. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment