Thursday, October 2, 2008

Middletown, TN - Something Special

The route to get to this place was... an adventure, to say the least. A narrow road with plenty of potholes. I hit one and worried I broke my steer axle; a quick inspection in that area showed no immediately obvious damage. So now I'm just waiting to get loaded. Since it's loose boxes, I really have no idea if they're even working on my truck, but it sounds like there's something going on back there.

While I was waiting, I also called operations to find out what happened about the first customer I picked up from, since they had several concerns. Ops is going to contact customer service and pass the information along; they should take it more positively coming from my board instead of directly from a driver. I also found out that I'm doing incredibly well in every category that they measure: insanely low idle (I was actually encouraged to "live it up a little" since 2.5% was so low), excellent service, better than 7 mpg, and extremely low out-out-route mileage. He said he needs to get back to me to find out just what I'm doing right, whether it's simply a matter of paying attention to detail or some special technique I have. I can't say that I've any particular technique, though it is very, very good to hear that I'm doing so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment