Thursday, October 9, 2008

Evergreen, AL - Failure to communicate

When I came back to the truck Tuesday, I had a load to be delivered by noon on the 10th. I took that opportunity to go home and take care of a few personal matters (including casting an absentee ballot). When I returned to the truck this morning, however, I saw that my delivery had been moved up to the 8th by 6 PM. That message came in on the 7th at about 5 PM, several hours after I had left.

So the took me off the load and asked me to call in. I dd so, explained the situation, and they seemed to understand. At least I won't have to try and get home again before my vacation in November; I took care of everything I needed to do at home over the next six weeks. Now I just need a new work assignment - hopefully one without several days to kill - and I'll be on my merry way.

No comments:

Post a Comment