Saturday, October 4, 2008

Atlanta, GA - You just hit MY truck?

Yeah, that subject line is right: I had a driver from the Sure Wish I Finished Training transportation company hit my truck. I was waiting to make a right turn; he came along and made a right turn coming toward me and the front corner of his trailer hit my driver's side mirror. It cracked the plastic housing for the mirror enough that I can't get it back into place and will likely need to resort to duct tape to hold everything together. This after a rather frustrating time at a customer; I absolutely hate it when the guard doesn't speak enough English to even tell me where I'm supposed to drop my loaded trailer or to find the empties. Took me an hour to do something that should have taken twenty minutes.

In any case, despite all the irritations, I'm still about fifteen minutes ahead of schedule. I was making killer time on the highway today (I was averaging 59 mph until I hit Atlanta) so that cancels out the problems I had here in town. I plan on getting a shower and getting to sleep as quickly as I can, though, since the sooner I get moving the sooner I'll make it home tomorrow. And it is very nice to get home at least once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment